Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumn Is Upon Us... And I Couldn't Be Happier


So there I am, first Pumpkin Beer of the season clasped in my hand. Trick R' Treat, playing on the boob tube. And it struck me, Autumn is well and truly upon us.


+
=


And you know what that means...

Yep, it's The 3rd Annual 31 Days Of Horror, that time of year when TTDS howl's at the moon shuck's off its skin and embraces the full on horror blogger who lives not very far under its skin for the rest of eleven months. A 31 Day marathon of all things gory and groovy. It's always a lot of fun to do, and I hope you all have a lot of fun following along.


But there is some stuff you may not know about, JD at the always excellent Radiator Heaven is hosting a John Carpenter Blogothon in early October. It's going to be awesome. And as a result you can expect my first couple of days of 31 Days to be VERY Carpenter heavy. It's going to be phenomenal.


Another great October event is Countdown To Halloween's 3rd annual well... Countdown to Halloween. Its a great gathering of some of the best bloggers on the scene in celebration of one of the greatest days of the year. If you have a blog, you should participate. And if you just want some terrific reads, well you know the place.


And while I'm at it. I know I'm late to the party. But this makes me laugh. Hard.

Also here's this thing I made a long ass time ago. BECAUSE THAT'S WHY!!!

4 comments:

stonerphonic said...

mmmmm... beer....

deadlydolls said...

I've already drank about 7 pumpkin beers, 6 Oktoberfests, eaten a pumpkin whoopie pie, bag of candy corn, and decorated. Halloween baby!

Bryce Wilson said...

@ stoner: Truer words were never spoken.

@ Emily: Damn, you're like the Martha Stewart of the horror blogging set.

Andrew said...

Ah, hell yes....
I love this kind of Halloween iconography.

Pumpkin beer always makes me smile.